Salads can be a great way to enjoy the taste of fibrous vegetables. Many think that salads are boring. But that’s not the case if you prepare them right. Make clean eating fun, fabulous and full of fiber with a quick and easy to follow salad recipe, that goes well with your soups, snacks and meals. Tempted? Read on!
There are many benefits to eating fiber-rich salads. Fibre is important for digestive health, and salads are a great way to get a lot of fibre in one meal. Fiber-rich salads are also a great source of vitamins and minerals. Did you know that fibre has zero calories? It is said that an adult needs 30 grams fibre a day and this may increase with age. In fact, eating plenty of fibre every day can also help you lose weight, prevent Type 2 diabetes and even cancer, especially colon cancer. Make sure to add fresh spices like black pepper to add maximum taste with minimum effort.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to salad recipes. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy fiber-rich salads:
- Add a variety of colours and textures to your salad. This will make it more interesting to eat and more nutritious.
- Use a variety of different seasonal green veggies such as spinach, and lettuce. This will help keep your salad seasonal, and interesting while giving you a variety of different nutrients.
- Add pieces of tofu or any healthy protein toppings such as grilled chicken, salmon, or shrimp to your salad for a boost of protein.
- Use a variety of dressing flavours. This will help keep your salad interesting and flavorful.
Use a variety of spices such as black pepper.
And, don’t forget to try out new recipes, like the one below. Using fresh black pepper can truly elevate this salad
- 1 bowl of sweet bell peppers
- 1 long English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/3rd small red onion
- 2 large cloves of fresh garlic
- fresh chives and mint
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 pinch of white granulated sugar
2 large lemons
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Slice the red onion, cucumber and bell peppers.
- Chop the mint, and chives, and mince the garlic.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the lemon juice, sugar, spices, and minced garlic.
- Once all the ingredients for the salad are prepped, place them in a large bowl.
- Add the fresh chives and mint just before tossing.
- Toss all the veggies and serve with dressing.
Enjoy your salad!
Stay Well Steeped
Be a part of the Wellness Tribe and enjoy exclusive benefits