Matcha (green tea) ice cream is a perfect summer treat. It's creamy and delicious, with just the right amount of matcha flavour to make it stand out. Read on to know a secret DIY recipe!
Matcha green tea is a beverage that has been used for centuries in Japan, China and other Asian countries. It's made from finely ground green tea leaves that have been steamed or boiled to extract nutrients and flavour. The word "matcha" means "finely ground powder," so it's no wonder that this drink has become so popular around the world.
Did you know that matcha is a green tea powder that has been used in Japanese cuisine, as well as in traditional Chinese medicine too? It's rich in antioxidants, which help your body detoxify itself and fight free radicals.
Matcha can be used in many ways: as a coffee alternative, in smoothies, in lattes and other drinks--even as a snack! It also makes for a great addition to your morning routine by adding some extra flavour and antioxidants to your cup of coffee or tea (or even just by drinking it on its own).
- Matcha has also been shown to lower cholesterol levels
- Improve blood glucose control in people with Type 2 diabetes
- Supports digestion and metabolism
- Promotes healthy skin, hair, and nails
- Strengthens the immune system
The health benefits of matcha ice cream don't stop there!
- Matcha is rich in L-theanine, an amino acid that's been shown to help promote relaxation and reduce stress levels.
- L-theanine can also improve focus, concentration and memory retention--all while promoting overall wellness!
If you're a fan of green tea, then you know that the best way to enjoy it is through matcha. And if you're a fan of ice cream, then you should also know that there are plenty of ways to incorporate green tea into your favourite dessert!
How is Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream made?
Matcha is a type of green tea that's been steeped in hot water to produce a tea powder. You can pick from ceremonial, culinary, and ingredient grade of matcha teas, however, picking culinaryl grade is recommended.
The matcha powder is then mixed with milk and sugar to make a drink or used as a flavouring for ice cream. The resulting green tea ice cream is creamy, smooth, and delicious--and it's easy to make!
There are several varieties of matcha ice cream out there—from the traditional matcha (which is made with only milk and sugar) to more exotic flavours like matcha with coconut milk, matcha with vanilla extract, and even matcha with buttercream frosting!
Whether you're a fan of the traditional matcha green tea flavour or you want to try something new, we've got a matcha ice cream recipe for you. In fact, this matcha ice cream is really easy to make! All you need is:
Ingredients: Matcha powder, milk (You can use any kind of milk you want (cow's, soy, almond), but coconut milk adds a light flavour and texture without making your ice cream too sweet or heavy, cream or sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
If you're looking for a way to get your matcha fix and enjoy a creamy and delicious matcha ice cream at home then this recipe is perfect for you. The best part is that it only takes a few minutes to make! The best part is you don’t require any additional equipment for this.
Ingredients: 2-3 tbsp Matcha (green tea powder), 1 cup milk or heavy cream, 1-2 tbsp sugar, ½ cup condensed milk, a pinch of salt, 2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Make a matcha paste by placing matcha in a medium bowl, adding 3 tbsp of the heated milk mixture to the matcha bowl and stirring it with a bamboo whisk until its evenly mixed.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine milk, heavy cream, sugar and stir it well.
3. Add the matcha paste to the saucepan along with condensed milk.
4. Stir the mixture well until evenly combined.
5. Transfer it to a container and freeze for atleast 6 hours
7. After it’s frozen, scoop it out and enjoy with your favourite toppings.
Tip: Freeze the ice cream bowl before using it to make icecream for optimal results.
Don't take our word for it. Make this recipe for yourself and you'll see that it's the best ice cream you've ever had!
Stay Well Steeped
Be a part of the Wellness Tribe and enjoy exclusive benefits